What is Living Waters?
Living Waters is an in-depth, Christ-centered program for people seeking healing in areas of sexual and relational brokenness. A healing, teaching and discipleship series, Living Waters addresses the reality that we are all broken in our ability to love others well. The goal of Living Waters is to lay a foundation for sexual and relational wholeness in our lives. With groups all over the world, and with over twenty years of ministering God’s healing love, the Living Waters program is a proven path of healing.
Where: LoveCanton Downtown – 701 Walnut Avenue NE, Canton, Ohio 44702
When: Moving to Tuesday Evenings 7:00 to 9:30 pm, October 3rd 2017 to March 13th 2017. 21 weeks in two sessions with 4 weeks off for the Holidays
Cost: $150 for fees and books. Scholarships available for those with legitimate need
- Download application here: 2017 Living Waters Application
- Fill out application and email to: email@example.com, Or mail to LoveCanton at P.O. Box PO Box 9503, Canton, Ohio 44711
- Application Deadline: Early: August 19th 2017, Late: September 8th 2017.
- Space is limited. Acceptance conditional on applicant interview and payment of fee. Please plan on attending an application interview on the weekend of August 26th or September 16th. We will contact you with more details when your application is received.
To see even more detail on what Living Waters is about keep scrolling below here.
Living Waters is particularly relevant to those struggling with unwanted same sex attraction, sexual promiscuity, the effects of sexual abuse, codependency, self-hatred, or the inability to love others well. Thankfully, Christ’s capacity to touch and restore us at deep levels of shame and brokenness extends to all of us, regardless of the specifics of our issue.
Through the worship, teaching, prayer and small groups of Living Waters we learn about:
• God’s powerful love for us and how Jesus is central to our hope for wholeness
• The depth of our brokenness and our profound need for Him.
• The power of the cross to restore our souls, sexuality and relationships
• The process of walking out our healing
• Our place in the church and loving others honorably
How is Living Waters Presented?
Living Waters is a 20-lesson program taught in a closed-group format. The leaders have been trained and a confidential policy is in place to help ensure trust and safety in the group. Each meeting includes:
WORSHIP – We focus our attention and praise on God rather than our problems.
THE WORD – Living Waters’ teachings combine psychological insights and biblical truths that help us to know God and ourselves better.
THE WORKS OF JESUS – Through healing prayer in large and small group settings, we invite the Holy Spirit to heal our various wounds. We bring our sins, and those committed against us, to the Lord who is faithful to set us free.
Foundational to Living Waters is the reality that God created us in His image as male and female. Therefore we value man and women working out their healing together. Great healing comes as men and women minister and receive alongside one another, thereby reflecting God’s intention and character. (Although small groups are single sex, both genders participate together in worship, teaching, and prayer in the large group.)
What will I learn?
Living Waters uses a detailed guidebook that includes teachings, questions and additional readings that help us move from brokenness to maturity. Some topics addressed include:
• Acknowledging our need for God
• How “the fall” affects our sexuality and relationships
• Receiving the Father’s love
• Who we are as men and women
• The power of the cross and confession
• Renouncing our idols
• Reconciliation between men and women
• Roots of gender brokenness
• Healing from sexual abuse
• Restoring the true self through the cross
• Understanding and overcoming temptation
• Overcoming sexual addiction
• Embracing the church as our healing community
• Building healthy relationships
• Walking as mature Christians
Is Living Waters for me?
If the following statements describe your heart for hope and healing, you may want to consider participating in Living Waters:
• A desire to deepen your relationship with Christ
• A desire to grow in your identity as a man or woman of God, allowing Him to reveal the good of your sexuality
• A willingness to face the sinfulness of your present state and the painful realities that led you there. This involves exploring hurts from your past specifically related to key people in your life, such as your parents
• A willingness to be open and honest with others about your brokenness, including sexual feelings and practices, as well as issues of identity and emotional immaturity
• A willingness to receive the healing ministry of the Holy Spirit in these deep areas
• A desire and willingness to walk free from sinful patterns
• A desire to grow in your relationship in the body of Christ
Turn in application by mail or email to Cris and Annelyse DeBellis